German may sound serious and complex at first, but there’s a fun side to it that’s worth discovering! One cool thing is that you can create really long words by sticking smaller words together, like “Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesellschaftskapitän” (which means “Danube steamship company captain”). Plus, there are some funny and quirky words that can make you smile, like “Schadenfreude” (meaning taking pleasure in someone else’s misfortune) or “Kummerspeck” (literally “grief bacon,” referring to the weight gained from emotional overeating). And let’s not forget about the delightful German traditions, like Oktoberfest, where you can enjoy delicious food, music, and of course, lots of “Bier” (beer). So, if you’re looking for some linguistic fun, give German a try!
1. Why Is The Slug Embarrassed? Because It’s A Naked Snail!
2. Lightbulb Is Actually A Glowing Pear. Can’t Disagree!
3. Kiss A Toad And Turn It Into A Prince Or Give It A Shield And Make It A Turtle!
4. Now That’s A Good Excuse To Get An Extra Pair Of Shoes!
5. Animals Indeed Have A Special Place In The German Language!
6. Who Is This In My Ear Singing The Same Rihanna?
7. 1 Cheese, 2 Cheese, 3 Cheese…
8. Are You Bored? Then Maybe It’s Time For New Jeans!
9. Next Time You Do The Dishes, Say Hello To The Water Rooster!
10. They Might Be Called Such, But I’d Advise You Not To Try To Ride Them.
11. The Next Time You Plan To Jump The Queue, Remember What You’re Dealing With!
12. Tornado’s Trousers Will Blow Your Shoes Off!
More info: Instagram